Campaign Urges Depressed LGBT People to 'Talk About It'
BY Trudy Ring
September 17 2012 12:21 AM ET
Original Plumbing, a magazine focusing on transgender men, has launched an online video campaign, “Talk About It,” encouraging LGBT people who suffer from depression to do just that.
Editors Rocco Kayiatos and Amos Mac say they started the campaign in response to the suicides of three friends. They posted the first video last month, discussing how they have dealt with depression and anxiety, and they believe the campaign will let others know they are not alone and can overcome their difficulties. Author Michelle Tea, poet Kit Yan, and transgender women and men from around the nation have also submitted videos.
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- Why Are We Gay?