Campaign Urges Depressed LGBT People to 'Talk About It'
BY Trudy Ring
September 17 2012 12:21 AM ET
Original Plumbing, a magazine focusing on transgender men, has launched an online video campaign, “Talk About It,” encouraging LGBT people who suffer from depression to do just that.
Editors Rocco Kayiatos and Amos Mac say they started the campaign in response to the suicides of three friends. They posted the first video last month, discussing how they have dealt with depression and anxiety, and they believe the campaign will let others know they are not alone and can overcome their difficulties. Author Michelle Tea, poet Kit Yan, and transgender women and men from around the nation have also submitted videos.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community