Campaign Urges Depressed LGBT People to 'Talk About It'
BY Trudy Ring
September 17 2012 12:21 AM ET
Original Plumbing, a magazine focusing on transgender men, has launched an online video campaign, “Talk About It,” encouraging LGBT people who suffer from depression to do just that.
Editors Rocco Kayiatos and Amos Mac say they started the campaign in response to the suicides of three friends. They posted the first video last month, discussing how they have dealt with depression and anxiety, and they believe the campaign will let others know they are not alone and can overcome their difficulties. Author Michelle Tea, poet Kit Yan, and transgender women and men from around the nation have also submitted videos.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM