Campaign Urges Depressed LGBT People to 'Talk About It'
BY Trudy Ring
September 16 2012 11:21 PM ET
Original Plumbing, a magazine focusing on transgender men, has launched an online video campaign, “Talk About It,” encouraging LGBT people who suffer from depression to do just that.
Editors Rocco Kayiatos and Amos Mac say they started the campaign in response to the suicides of three friends. They posted the first video last month, discussing how they have dealt with depression and anxiety, and they believe the campaign will let others know they are not alone and can overcome their difficulties. Author Michelle Tea, poet Kit Yan, and transgender women and men from around the nation have also submitted videos.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 1 hour 37 min ago
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM