BY Advocate.com Editors
December 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
Ellen draws viewers to Saturday Night Live
Last week's Saturday Night Live, featuring guest host Ellen DeGeneres, drew some of the show's best numbers, according to NBC. The show matched SNL's highest overnight rating since January 20, reaching a 7.6 rating, 18 share in Nielsen markets. The figures are right up there with the show's season premiere (which featured Reese Witherspoon, Paul Simon, and New York City fire, police, and rescue workers) and the February 17 edition (with Will & Grace star Sean Hayes). In the New York market, last Saturday's show scored a 9.7 rating and 21 share. Final national figures are due out Thursday.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate