BY Advocate.com Editors
December 19 2001 1:00 AM ET
Ellen draws viewers to Saturday Night Live
Last week's Saturday Night Live, featuring guest host Ellen DeGeneres, drew some of the show's best numbers, according to NBC. The show matched SNL's highest overnight rating since January 20, reaching a 7.6 rating, 18 share in Nielsen markets. The figures are right up there with the show's season premiere (which featured Reese Witherspoon, Paul Simon, and New York City fire, police, and rescue workers) and the February 17 edition (with Will & Grace star Sean Hayes). In the New York market, last Saturday's show scored a 9.7 rating and 21 share. Final national figures are due out Thursday.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher