BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2002 1:00 AM ET
TV ratings: Rosie scores, Matthew Shepard doesn't
Variety reports that Rosie O'Donnell's coming-out interview on Primetime Thursday gave the ABC network its highest Thursday night ratings for the entire season. The show attracted 14.4 million viewers, besting such hits as NBC's Will & Grace and ER. Meanwhile, NBC's Saturday night presentation of The Matthew Shepard Story pulled in a 2.2 rating/7 share among adults 18-49 (compared with Primetime Thursday's 5.1 rating/13 share), according to preliminary numbers. Overall, the film finished in fourth place, although the ratings in that time slot were better than what NBC achieved last year, when XFL games were still being aired.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Mixed Messages: Supreme Court Denies Review of 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Ban, Trans Inmate's Surgery
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?