BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
TV ratings: Rosie scores, Matthew Shepard doesn't
Variety reports that Rosie O'Donnell's coming-out interview on Primetime Thursday gave the ABC network its highest Thursday night ratings for the entire season. The show attracted 14.4 million viewers, besting such hits as NBC's Will & Grace and ER. Meanwhile, NBC's Saturday night presentation of The Matthew Shepard Story pulled in a 2.2 rating/7 share among adults 18-49 (compared with Primetime Thursday's 5.1 rating/13 share), according to preliminary numbers. Overall, the film finished in fourth place, although the ratings in that time slot were better than what NBC achieved last year, when XFL games were still being aired.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6