BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
Gershon to rock in film of out musician Cheri Lovedog's Prey for Rock & Roll
Gina Gershon will star as leader of an all-woman rock band in Prey for Rock & Roll. An indie film feature based on the off-off-Broadway play of the same name written by out musician Cheri Lovedog, Prey fictionalizes the story of Lovedog's all-woman band and its trials and tribulations in the 1980s Los Angeles music scene. Gershon will perform her own vocals and is prerecording the tracks right now, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Out producer Stephen Trask, lyricist-composer on Hedwig and the Angry Inch, is producing the soundtrack album, whose lyrics were written by Lovedog. Joan Jett will play lead guitar on the album and will appear in the film as herself.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument