BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
Gershon to rock in film of out musician Cheri Lovedog's Prey for Rock & Roll
Gina Gershon will star as leader of an all-woman rock band in Prey for Rock & Roll. An indie film feature based on the off-off-Broadway play of the same name written by out musician Cheri Lovedog, Prey fictionalizes the story of Lovedog's all-woman band and its trials and tribulations in the 1980s Los Angeles music scene. Gershon will perform her own vocals and is prerecording the tracks right now, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Out producer Stephen Trask, lyricist-composer on Hedwig and the Angry Inch, is producing the soundtrack album, whose lyrics were written by Lovedog. Joan Jett will play lead guitar on the album and will appear in the film as herself.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown