30 men arrested in Ho Chi Minh City gym
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2002 1:00 AM ET
Police in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City raided a fitness center Thursday and arrested 30 gay men, who they say were having sex in the facility's sauna and private massage areas, Agence France-Presse reports. The fitness center's director was among those arrested, police said. Although homosexuality is not officially outlawed in Vietnam, most officials in the Communist country consider it a "social evil."
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses