30 men arrested in Ho Chi Minh City gym
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2002 1:00 AM ET
Police in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City raided a fitness center Thursday and arrested 30 gay men, who they say were having sex in the facility's sauna and private massage areas, Agence France-Presse reports. The fitness center's director was among those arrested, police said. Although homosexuality is not officially outlawed in Vietnam, most officials in the Communist country consider it a "social evil."
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback