BY Advocate.com Editors
January 08 2003 12:00 AM ET
k.d. lang and Melissa Etheridge among Grammy nominees
Nominations were announced Tuesday for the 45th annual Grammy Awards, and several gay and lesbian artists will be competing in various categories. Vocalist k.d. lang was nominated for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals for "What a Wonderful World," performed with Tony Bennett on the pair's A Wonderful World album. Michael Feinstein With the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra is in the running for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, and Meshell Ndegeocello's Cookie: The Anthropological Mixtape got a nod as Best Contemporary R&B Album. Melissa Etheridge's "The Weakness in Me" is up for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance, and the Best Musical Show Album category includes entries from out composers and lyricists Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (Hairspray), Stephen Sondheim (Into the Woods), and Dick Scanlan (Thoroughly Modern Millie). The Grammys will be presented February 23.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers