Bush twins may attend gay wedding
August 18 2004 11:00 PM ET
Despite their father's strident opposition to same-sex marriage, it appears that President Bush's twin daughters, Jenna and Barbara, may be attending the wedding of a gay couple in Maryland next month, according to the New York Daily News's gossip columnist Lloyd Grove. Washington-area beautician Erwin Gomez and his longtime partner, James Packard, plan to celebrate their marital vows with 400 of their closest friends, including the Bush twins--two of Gomez's best customers. The 39-year-old Gomez--a makeup expert for the Elizabeth Arden shop in the D.C. suburb of Chevy Chase, Md.--told Grove that the "first twins" have become devotees of his popular eyebrow waxes over the past few weeks. And, he added, they have expressed an enthusiastic desire to go to Gomez and Packard's September 11 wedding celebration at their home in Laytonsville, Md. "I gave them the party invitation, and they said, 'That sounds great, we'd love to come--it sounds like a lot of fun,'" Gomez said.
In February, President Bush voiced his support for a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. Gomez told Grove he holds the hard-carousing Bush girls in high regard but is disgusted by their father's support for a federal ban on same-sex marriage. "I think it's wrong--he has no right to touch that," he said. "He's trying to change the freedom of America.... History is repeating itself, just like blacks and Jews were discriminated against."
As for the Bush sisters, "I've done their eyebrows three times--they usually just call my cell and pop in," said Gomez, who also plucks and waxes the eyebrows of Saudi princess Haifa. The Bush girls' spokeswoman, Susan Whitson, told the Daily News on Tuesday, "At this point I cannot confirm that the twins are attending. I only comment on official campaign activities."
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 56 min 9 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 2 hours 13 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Parenting Q&A: Darren Spedale, Co-Parenting Pioneer, Explains New Venture December 05 2013 10:40 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM