BY Michelle Garcia
December 17 2009 2:10 PM ET
A conservative group based in the U.S. that has been linked to the
Uganda antigay bill has come out publicly to
condemn the legislation.
A member of "The Family" with strong ties to the Ugandan membership, Bob Hunter, said that the organization opposes the bill, The Rachel Maddow Show reported Wednesday. Jeff Sharlet's recently published exposé reveals several key members of the group, which includes several prominent American lawmakers like Sen. Chuck Grassley and Rep. Bart Stupak, who have since come out to condemn the bill.
However, Sen. Sam Brownback said he didn't know enough about the bill to come out against it.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- WATCH: The Prancing Elites Make It Rain
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate