BY Michelle Garcia
December 17 2009 2:10 PM ET
A conservative group based in the U.S. that has been linked to the
Uganda antigay bill has come out publicly to
condemn the legislation.
A member of "The Family" with strong ties to the Ugandan membership, Bob Hunter, said that the organization opposes the bill, The Rachel Maddow Show reported Wednesday. Jeff Sharlet's recently published exposé reveals several key members of the group, which includes several prominent American lawmakers like Sen. Chuck Grassley and Rep. Bart Stupak, who have since come out to condemn the bill.
However, Sen. Sam Brownback said he didn't know enough about the bill to come out against it.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM