BY Michelle Garcia
December 17 2009 1:10 PM ET
A conservative group based in the U.S. that has been linked to the
Uganda antigay bill has come out publicly to
condemn the legislation.
A member of "The Family" with strong ties to the Ugandan membership, Bob Hunter, said that the organization opposes the bill, The Rachel Maddow Show reported Wednesday. Jeff Sharlet's recently published exposé reveals several key members of the group, which includes several prominent American lawmakers like Sen. Chuck Grassley and Rep. Bart Stupak, who have since come out to condemn the bill.
However, Sen. Sam Brownback said he didn't know enough about the bill to come out against it.
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? 46 min 28 sec ago
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary 1 hour 19 min ago
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! 1 hour 39 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4:07 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 3:20 PM
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2:50 PM