BY Neal Broverman
January 04 2010 2:40 PM ET
True Blood's wildly popular gay character, Lafayette, is getting a new boyfriend next season: actor Kevin Alejandro, last seen on the NBC cop drama Southland.
A story in The Hollywood Reporter says Alejandro will appear in almost the entire third season of the Alan Ball hit about lusty vampires in Louisiana. Alejandro will portray Jesus, a hospital orderly and love interest to Lafayette, a fiery African-American fry cook portrayed by actor Nelsan Ellis. Jesus will meet Lafayette through a story line involving Lafayette's mother, to be played by Golden Globe and Emmy-winning actress Alfre Woodard.
Alejandro appeared on Southland when the police drama was on NBC. It will now air on TNT, but will not film new episodes until well into 2010, allowing Alejandro to appear on True Blood.
Read the full story here.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 52 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 1 hour 52 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 2 hours 53 min ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM