BY Neal Broverman
January 04 2010 2:40 PM ET
True Blood's wildly popular gay character, Lafayette, is getting a new boyfriend next season: actor Kevin Alejandro, last seen on the NBC cop drama Southland.
A story in The Hollywood Reporter says Alejandro will appear in almost the entire third season of the Alan Ball hit about lusty vampires in Louisiana. Alejandro will portray Jesus, a hospital orderly and love interest to Lafayette, a fiery African-American fry cook portrayed by actor Nelsan Ellis. Jesus will meet Lafayette through a story line involving Lafayette's mother, to be played by Golden Globe and Emmy-winning actress Alfre Woodard.
Alejandro appeared on Southland when the police drama was on NBC. It will now air on TNT, but will not film new episodes until well into 2010, allowing Alejandro to appear on True Blood.
Read the full story here.
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Kids React to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- STUDY: Bisexuals Have Worse Health Than Gay, Lesbian, or Straight People