BY Neal Broverman
January 04 2010 1:40 PM ET
True Blood's wildly popular gay character, Lafayette, is getting a new boyfriend next season: actor Kevin Alejandro, last seen on the NBC cop drama Southland.
A story in The Hollywood Reporter says Alejandro will appear in almost the entire third season of the Alan Ball hit about lusty vampires in Louisiana. Alejandro will portray Jesus, a hospital orderly and love interest to Lafayette, a fiery African-American fry cook portrayed by actor Nelsan Ellis. Jesus will meet Lafayette through a story line involving Lafayette's mother, to be played by Golden Globe and Emmy-winning actress Alfre Woodard.
Alejandro appeared on Southland when the police drama was on NBC. It will now air on TNT, but will not film new episodes until well into 2010, allowing Alejandro to appear on True Blood.
Read the full story here.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 32 min 17 sec ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 1 hour 29 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 1 hour 43 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 2 hours 1 min ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 2 hours 15 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Two and a Half Men's Respectful Job With Trans Character 2 hours 44 min ago
- Health New Campaign Inspires LGBT Americans to Take Advantage of Obamacare 3:58 PM