Paltrow Out of Kidman Transgender Drama
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2010 12:55 PM ET
Gwyneth Paltrow will not be playing wife to Nicole Kidman after all, the actress reveals in an interview with Harper’s Bazaar. Paltrow had been cast in the film The Danish Girl, adapted from David Ebershoff's best-selling novel, which is loosely based on the true story of Einar Wegener, the Danish painter who in 1931 became the first person to go through a sex-reassignment surgery to become a woman. Kidman will portray Wegener.
The blond actress, who won an Oscar for her cross-dressing turn in the comedy Shakespeare in Love, tells the magazine that she pulled out of the film due to a change in location filming that she felt would be too taxing on her children. A replacement has not yet been announced for Paltrow, herself a replacement for Monster star Charlize Theron, who dropped out last fall.
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds 1 hour 47 min ago
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM