Cristiano Ronaldo Supports Gay Marriage
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 02 2010 6:10 PM ET
Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo typically talks sports with reporters. But in an interview for the upcoming World Cup, Ronaldo got serious when he was asked for his opinion on the legalization of same-sex marriage in Portugal.
"The Portuguese man that I am, I try to keep informed about what is happening in my country,” he told reporters. “I know the law was passed and the comment it deserves is that we must respect the choices made by anyone, because, after all, all citizens should have the exact same rights and responsibilities."
One of the most respected and highly talked-about footballers in Europe, Ronaldo in 2009 signed a contract with Real Madrid reportedly worth more than $130 million.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 6 min 13 sec ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 47 min 56 sec ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 2 hours 22 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 3:34 PM
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 3:17 PM
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 3:09 PM
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 2:44 PM