Acne and Androgyny
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 04 2010 2:10 PM ET
Androgyny in high fashion is not a revelatory concept; androgyny inspired by Dynasty is.
Acne Jeans, the Swedish denim label, has released a collection of unisex shirts inspired by — and named after — over-the-top characters on the shoulder-padded 1980s television show (think Alexis, Sammy Jo, and Krystle).
"This collection is a playful collaboration and a celebration of diversity," Acne creative director Jonny Johansson told British Vogue, which bizarrely described the collection as one targeted to "transvestites."
"It touches on ideas I have always played with when designing for Acne, the tension between male and female and what happens when you shift things around a bit," said Johansson, who collaborated on the collection with Candy magazine.
Read the article here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2 hours 27 min ago
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM