Gay Man Arrested for Oral Sex in Singapore
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 09 2010 11:25 AM ET
A gay man in Singapore faces up to two years in prison for an alleged oral sex act in a public restroom that violates the city-state’s ban on sexual acts between men.
According to Agence France-Presse, “Tan Eng Hong, 47, is alleged to have committed the offence in March inside the toilet cubicle of a popular shopping mall in the Singapore's business and shopping district.”
The law governing sex acts, which pertains to “any act of gross indecency,” was amended in 2007 to legalize oral and anal sex for heterosexual couples.
AFP reports that 185 people were convicted under the law between 1997 and 2006.
Tan was released on $6,438 bail, and his case was adjourned until September 27.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 25 min 33 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 1 hour 25 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 2 hours 27 min ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM