Gay Man Arrested for Oral Sex in Singapore
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 09 2010 11:25 AM ET
A gay man in Singapore faces up to two years in prison for an alleged oral sex act in a public restroom that violates the city-state’s ban on sexual acts between men.
According to Agence France-Presse, “Tan Eng Hong, 47, is alleged to have committed the offence in March inside the toilet cubicle of a popular shopping mall in the Singapore's business and shopping district.”
The law governing sex acts, which pertains to “any act of gross indecency,” was amended in 2007 to legalize oral and anal sex for heterosexual couples.
AFP reports that 185 people were convicted under the law between 1997 and 2006.
Tan was released on $6,438 bail, and his case was adjourned until September 27.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Texas Dads Denied Surrogacy Services Because of Marriage Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House