Trans Woman Files Complaint Against DMV
BY Michelle Garcia
December 09 2010 7:40 PM ET
A transgender woman filed a privacy claim Wednesday against the California Department of Motor Vehicles after one of its workers found her personal contact information and sent a letter to her home condemning her gender identity.
Amber Yust said she received the letter less than a week after going to the DMV in October to changer her license. The Associated Press reports that Yust's claim is the first step toward suing the DMV for privacy invasion and violating her civil rights.
As reported in October, the letter Yust received said she was an "abomination," that she made a "very evil decision," and that she was going to go to hell.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 5 min 26 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 10 min 36 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 1 hour 28 min ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2 hours 7 min ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 2 hours 14 min ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 2 hours 37 min ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 2 hours 46 min ago