German Man Cured of HIV?
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 14 2010 6:45 PM ET
In 2007 an HIV-positive German man received a stem cell transplant to treat his leukemia — weeks later, he showed no signs of HIV in his bloodstream.
Now, three years later and after a round of chemotherapy in 2008, Timothy Ray Brown continues to show no signs of being HIV-positive.
Read the full story here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- Historic Night at Golden Crown Literary Awards
- The 'Ex-Gay' Candidate for Missouri Governor
- Queer Women in Their 30s Give Advice to Their 20-Something Selves