Target Continued Antigay Donations
BY Julie Bolcer
December 22 2010 10:45 AM ET
Federal campaign filings show that Target continued to make contributions to antigay political candidates after the company apologized for it during an uproar this summer.
The Awl reports on documents filed with the Federal Election Commission in October, two months after Target CEO Gregg Steinhafel apologized and said his company would take a leadership role in the future.
“According to documents filed with the FEC in October 2010, Target continued donating to a bevy of anti-gay politicians even after Steinhafel apologized and committed to reforming the review process for future political donations,” reports The Awl. “These donations even included some of the same anti-gay politicians the company had already been criticized for supporting.”
Target’s PAC showed $41,200 in federal election activity, according to The Awl, of which $31,200 went to antigay politicians or PACs supporting those candidates.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison