Target Continued Antigay Donations
BY Julie Bolcer
December 22 2010 10:45 AM ET
Federal campaign filings show that Target continued to make contributions to antigay political candidates after the company apologized for it during an uproar this summer.
The Awl reports on documents filed with the Federal Election Commission in October, two months after Target CEO Gregg Steinhafel apologized and said his company would take a leadership role in the future.
“According to documents filed with the FEC in October 2010, Target continued donating to a bevy of anti-gay politicians even after Steinhafel apologized and committed to reforming the review process for future political donations,” reports The Awl. “These donations even included some of the same anti-gay politicians the company had already been criticized for supporting.”
Target’s PAC showed $41,200 in federal election activity, according to The Awl, of which $31,200 went to antigay politicians or PACs supporting those candidates.
- Commentary Op-Ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth 1 hour 50 min ago
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 2 hours 50 min ago
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates 2 hours 58 min ago
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM