Ben Cohen Teams With Campus Pride
BY Neal Broverman
July 29 2011 2:45 PM ET
Former rugby star Ben Cohen is taking his gay rights advocacy a step further with the creation of an antibullying organization called the StandUp Foundation and he's already secured partnerships with Campus Pride, the Human Rights Campaign, the Matthew Shepard Foundation, and the Trevor Project.
The StandUp Foundation will work to prevent all bullying, regardless of race, gender, socioeconomic status, or sexual orientation. The Atlanta-based organization will work with the four previously mentioned organizations to realize the mission of StandUp.
Regarding the collaboration with Campus Pride, Cohen said in a statement, "We are proud to partner with Campus Pride. They have a long, successful track record of working with educators and students to make campuses more inclusive for and accepting of LGBT people. Raising awareness of and funds for their tireless, on-the-ground work is very important to all of us here at the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation."
The website for the StandUp Foundation will go live August 3 — watch Cohen talk about the launch in the video below.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- The Brains Behind Husbands
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 31 min 39 sec ago
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 1 hour 28 min ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 1 hour 31 min ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM