Is This the Next Great Gay Film?
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 22 2011 1:55 PM ET
Two men meet at a gay club and spend two days together that will affect them forever in the new film Weekend, which some are hailing as the best gay-themed film of the year.
Directed by Andrew Haigh, Weekend offers an honest look at a modern gay relationship and features breakout performances by Tom Cullen and Chris New. The film, which earlier this year won the jury award at Outfest and the audience award at SXSW, will open in New York September 23 and in other cities throughout the fall.
Watch the trailer below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet