Is This the Next Great Gay Film?
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 22 2011 1:55 PM ET
Two men meet at a gay club and spend two days together that will affect them forever in the new film Weekend, which some are hailing as the best gay-themed film of the year.
Directed by Andrew Haigh, Weekend offers an honest look at a modern gay relationship and features breakout performances by Tom Cullen and Chris New. The film, which earlier this year won the jury award at Outfest and the audience award at SXSW, will open in New York September 23 and in other cities throughout the fall.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 41 min 14 sec ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 1 hour 32 min ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 2 hours 12 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When Scout Comes Out at Camp 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM