Meet the Man Who Says a Stroke Turned Him Gay
BY Lucas Grindley
March 31 2012 1:58 PM ET
The man who had a stroke and then revealed last year to a U.K. newspaper that he believes it turned him gay is talking about the experience with the BBC Three.
Kris Birch describes first realizing he suddenly had feelings for men while visiting a coffee shop after the stroke. He was afraid to come out to family and friends who had known him as a straight, rugby loving Welshman.
Watch a clip from the report below.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 4 min 8 sec ago
- Women Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 4 min 19 sec ago
- Books Q&A Quickie: Justin Hernandez, from Gay Stripper to Naked Author 10 min ago
- Women Todd Haynes To Direct Blanchett/Wasikowska in Patricia Highsmith Lesbian Potboiler 24 min 22 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Is 'Scared, Overwhelmed' By Potential Felony Sex Abuse Charges 52 min 16 sec ago
- World News Australia's Penny Wong Fights Homophobic Comments 1 hour 13 min ago
- Women Pretty Little Liars Adds Rumer Willis to Roster and Lands Teen Choice Nominations 1 hour 16 min ago