Meet the Man Who Says a Stroke Turned Him Gay
BY Lucas Grindley
March 31 2012 12:58 PM ET
The man who had a stroke and then revealed last year to a U.K. newspaper that he believes it turned him gay is talking about the experience with the BBC Three.
Kris Birch describes first realizing he suddenly had feelings for men while visiting a coffee shop after the stroke. He was afraid to come out to family and friends who had known him as a straight, rugby loving Welshman.
Watch a clip from the report below.
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2014
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Country Music Star Ty Herndon Comes Out as Gay
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- LGBT Rights Opponents Pray for Arkansas to Uphold State's Same-Sex Marriage Ban