Meet the Man Who Says a Stroke Turned Him Gay
BY Lucas Grindley
March 31 2012 12:58 PM ET
The man who had a stroke and then revealed last year to a U.K. newspaper that he believes it turned him gay is talking about the experience with the BBC Three.
Kris Birch describes first realizing he suddenly had feelings for men while visiting a coffee shop after the stroke. He was afraid to come out to family and friends who had known him as a straight, rugby loving Welshman.
Watch a clip from the report below.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 36 min 15 sec ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 43 min 49 sec ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 1 hour 24 min ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 2 hours 21 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 2 hours 35 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 2 hours 53 min ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 5:25 PM