WATCH: Ricky Martin in
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 06 2012 2:58 PM ET
Ricky Martin dances a torrid tango as Che, antagonist to controversial Argentinean first lady Eva Perón, in his return to Broadway in the revival of Evita, as evidenced by a new promotional video.
Starring opposite Elena Roger as Eva "Evita" Perón and Michael Cerveris as President Juan Perón, Martin plays Che, the rebellious voice of the people, in Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's beloved musical, which opened last night at New York's Marquis Theatre. Early raves describe Martin's performance as a "supernova of charisma," and the Associated Press even states, "It’s time for Broadway to have a new rule: Put Ricky Martin in everything."
Watch the promo for Evita below.
- Arts & Entertainment Emmy Winner Leslie Jordan: 'I’m Too Young & Fancy to Pay for This Sex!' 4 min 10 sec ago
- Media Murdoch Urges Boycott of Pro-Equality Guinness 5 min 21 sec ago
- Television Exclusive Clip: The Idols Sing on RuPaul's Drag Race Tonight 1 hour 6 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 6:00 AM
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 3:00 AM
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2:19 AM
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2:10 AM