WATCH: Ricky Martin in
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 06 2012 2:58 PM ET
Ricky Martin dances a torrid tango as Che, antagonist to controversial Argentinean first lady Eva Perón, in his return to Broadway in the revival of Evita, as evidenced by a new promotional video.
Starring opposite Elena Roger as Eva "Evita" Perón and Michael Cerveris as President Juan Perón, Martin plays Che, the rebellious voice of the people, in Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's beloved musical, which opened last night at New York's Marquis Theatre. Early raves describe Martin's performance as a "supernova of charisma," and the Associated Press even states, "It’s time for Broadway to have a new rule: Put Ricky Martin in everything."
Watch the promo for Evita below.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing