WATCH: Ricky Martin in
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 06 2012 2:58 PM ET
Ricky Martin dances a torrid tango as Che, antagonist to controversial Argentinean first lady Eva Perón, in his return to Broadway in the revival of Evita, as evidenced by a new promotional video.
Starring opposite Elena Roger as Eva "Evita" Perón and Michael Cerveris as President Juan Perón, Martin plays Che, the rebellious voice of the people, in Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's beloved musical, which opened last night at New York's Marquis Theatre. Early raves describe Martin's performance as a "supernova of charisma," and the Associated Press even states, "It’s time for Broadway to have a new rule: Put Ricky Martin in everything."
Watch the promo for Evita below.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian