WATCH: Ricky Martin in
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 06 2012 2:58 PM ET
Ricky Martin dances a torrid tango as Che, antagonist to controversial Argentinean first lady Eva Perón, in his return to Broadway in the revival of Evita, as evidenced by a new promotional video.
Starring opposite Elena Roger as Eva "Evita" Perón and Michael Cerveris as President Juan Perón, Martin plays Che, the rebellious voice of the people, in Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's beloved musical, which opened last night at New York's Marquis Theatre. Early raves describe Martin's performance as a "supernova of charisma," and the Associated Press even states, "It’s time for Broadway to have a new rule: Put Ricky Martin in everything."
Watch the promo for Evita below.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'