WATCH: Ricky Martin in
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 06 2012 2:58 PM ET
Ricky Martin dances a torrid tango as Che, antagonist to controversial Argentinean first lady Eva Perón, in his return to Broadway in the revival of Evita, as evidenced by a new promotional video.
Starring opposite Elena Roger as Eva "Evita" Perón and Michael Cerveris as President Juan Perón, Martin plays Che, the rebellious voice of the people, in Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's beloved musical, which opened last night at New York's Marquis Theatre. Early raves describe Martin's performance as a "supernova of charisma," and the Associated Press even states, "It’s time for Broadway to have a new rule: Put Ricky Martin in everything."
Watch the promo for Evita below.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island