Erik Estrada, a Gay Slur, and the Atlanta PD
BY Neal Broverman
April 12 2012 6:15 PM ET
A picture of CHiPs star Erik Estrada with a gay slur written on it was found on the desk of a supervisor with the Atlanta Police Department.
The image was emailed to MyFoxAtlanta; it's not clear if someone placed the Estrada picture on the supervisor's desk or he or she had it there initially.
“I’ve worked with this particular supervisor for a number of years," APD Deputy Chief Renee Propes told MyFoxAtlanta. "It’s not something I would expect of this supervisor at all.” Internal affairs is now investigating.
This public relations debacle follows a $1 million payout by the APD to gay bar patrons harassed by police during a 2009 raid.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 13 min 40 sec ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 24 min 37 sec ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 52 min 23 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 58 min 29 sec ago
- Entertainment News EXCLUSIVE: Madonna's MDNA Concert Clip 1 hour 41 min ago
- Politics Dallas Councilwoman Objects to Gay HIV Billboard 2 hours 36 min ago
- Marriage Equality Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative 2 hours 46 min ago