Erik Estrada, a Gay Slur, and the Atlanta PD
BY Neal Broverman
April 12 2012 6:15 PM ET
A picture of CHiPs star Erik Estrada with a gay slur written on it was found on the desk of a supervisor with the Atlanta Police Department.
The image was emailed to MyFoxAtlanta; it's not clear if someone placed the Estrada picture on the supervisor's desk or he or she had it there initially.
“I’ve worked with this particular supervisor for a number of years," APD Deputy Chief Renee Propes told MyFoxAtlanta. "It’s not something I would expect of this supervisor at all.” Internal affairs is now investigating.
This public relations debacle follows a $1 million payout by the APD to gay bar patrons harassed by police during a 2009 raid.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 52 min 7 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM