Erik Estrada, a Gay Slur, and the Atlanta PD
BY Neal Broverman
April 12 2012 6:15 PM ET
A picture of CHiPs star Erik Estrada with a gay slur written on it was found on the desk of a supervisor with the Atlanta Police Department.
The image was emailed to MyFoxAtlanta; it's not clear if someone placed the Estrada picture on the supervisor's desk or he or she had it there initially.
“I’ve worked with this particular supervisor for a number of years," APD Deputy Chief Renee Propes told MyFoxAtlanta. "It’s not something I would expect of this supervisor at all.” Internal affairs is now investigating.
This public relations debacle follows a $1 million payout by the APD to gay bar patrons harassed by police during a 2009 raid.
- Commentary Op-Ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth 1 hour 53 min ago
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 2 hours 52 min ago
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates 5:53 AM
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM