Erik Estrada, a Gay Slur, and the Atlanta PD
BY Neal Broverman
April 12 2012 6:15 PM ET
A picture of CHiPs star Erik Estrada with a gay slur written on it was found on the desk of a supervisor with the Atlanta Police Department.
The image was emailed to MyFoxAtlanta; it's not clear if someone placed the Estrada picture on the supervisor's desk or he or she had it there initially.
“I’ve worked with this particular supervisor for a number of years," APD Deputy Chief Renee Propes told MyFoxAtlanta. "It’s not something I would expect of this supervisor at all.” Internal affairs is now investigating.
This public relations debacle follows a $1 million payout by the APD to gay bar patrons harassed by police during a 2009 raid.
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- Why Are We Gay?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself