Erik Estrada, a Gay Slur, and the Atlanta PD
BY Neal Broverman
April 12 2012 6:15 PM ET
A picture of CHiPs star Erik Estrada with a gay slur written on it was found on the desk of a supervisor with the Atlanta Police Department.
The image was emailed to MyFoxAtlanta; it's not clear if someone placed the Estrada picture on the supervisor's desk or he or she had it there initially.
“I’ve worked with this particular supervisor for a number of years," APD Deputy Chief Renee Propes told MyFoxAtlanta. "It’s not something I would expect of this supervisor at all.” Internal affairs is now investigating.
This public relations debacle follows a $1 million payout by the APD to gay bar patrons harassed by police during a 2009 raid.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Utah High School Elects State's First Transgender Prom Queen