Bookshelf: 2012’s Best Beefcake Calendars
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
December 16 2011 9:57 PM ET
A Sexy Calendar for the Cure
Want a hot calendar that lets you keep track of time and
support AIDS research? Buy Jack Mackenroth’s 2012 Calendar for the Cure and 100% of all profits go directly to amfAR, the American
Foundation for AIDS Research. Mackenroth, who came out as HIV-positive
on season 4 of Project Runway
in 2007, was voted one of the sexiest men alive for 2011 by DNA
Australia magazine (along with Ryan
Reynolds and Ricky Martin), making him the only openly HIV-positive member of the sexiest men
alive. His new calendar features sexy images of the fitness model, designer,
and champion swimmer by photographers including Adam Bouska, Rick Day,
Carsten Fleck, Frank Louis, James Franklin, Karl Giant, Tommy Synnamon,
Mattheus Lian, Richard Gerst, Ray John Pila, Sonny Tong, Thomas Evans, Krys Fox,
and Preston Cros. Mackeroth assembled the calendar to mark the 30-year
anniversary of the AIDS epidemic — and to show that people with HIV (he’s been positive
since 1990) can be healthy, fit, attractive, and vibrant. And damn, is he buff.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?