Gay Dads Get Their Own Social Media
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
December 25 2013 6:00 AM ET
Over six million American children and adults have a parent that is gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender, according to The Williams Institute. As acceptance continues to become mainstream and millennials build families of their own, children and parents will look for a place to network online. For gay dads, that website has arrived.
Introducing GayDadSwag.com. The new networking site is looking to start a social movement for “gay dads, their families, and supporters around the world.” The website, although slim with material as it just launched, is a collection of photos and videos of households headed by gay men.
“By leading new and original projects, partnering with interested organizations, and harnessing support from our straight and LGBT allies, we are striving to empower gay families worldwide as we unify people of all orientations," the site's founders said in a statement. "At its core, GayDadSwag provides a positive online sharing environment allowing windows into each others lives."
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Cute Gay Teen Explains Homosexuality and the Bible
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
- BREAKING: The WHO Might Finally Rule Homosexuality is Not a Mental Disorder