Blogger Urges Conservatives to Boycott Musicians Who Support LGBT Rights
BY Jase Peeples
May 30 2013 2:57 PM ET
Republicans need to spend less time worrying about liberal boycotts and spend more time “doing the same thing to the Left,” says Townhall blogger John Hawkins.
He proposes that any company or artist who “embraces liberalism” or “stands up for gay marriage” should be boycotted, and conservatives should happily “take credit if they bomb.”
“When it comes to musicians who attack conservatives, Christians, Republicans, America — or alternately, embrace the Left, don’t give them your money,” Hawkins writes. “Don't buy their albums or their T-shirts and don’t go to their shows. Even if you do like their music, don’t pay for it and don’t talk it up publicly. Fans are oxygen for these people — starve them of it and let other musicians start to worry about the reaction if they go after us.”
To help like-minded people better target artists who “dare to trash” conservative ideals, Hawkins has provided a list of 10 bands and musicians who top his blacklist, which includes Madonna, Sheryl Crow, Psy, Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, Moby, Bette Midler, Barbra Streisand, Rage Against the Machine, and Kanye West.
“That's not unfair; it’s just restoring balance,” writes Hawkins. “Conservatives in the music industry shouldn't be cowed into silence by threats and abuse while liberal musicians smear the conservatives, Christians, Republicans and patriots who buy their records with no repercussions.”
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM