Showing Gratitude for the President's Marriage Equality Announcement
BY Neal Broverman
May 16 2012 4:13 PM ET
The LGBT equality organization AllOut.org sent a thank you card to President Obama for his endorsement of marriage equality, and it had 75,000 signatures on it.
The card was received on Tuesday by the White House's LGBT liaison, Gautam Raghavan.
“This is an incredible, historic moment with huge implications globally and in the U.S.," Andre Banks, executive director of AllOut.org, said about Obama's announcement last week. "As many countries around the world continue to ban same-sex marriage, and 76 nations criminalize people because of who they love, President Obama has just stood up to boldly to say that all love is equal. This story is going to be told around the world and President Obama — and journalists on every continent — must know that millions are on his side."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2014
- Country Music Star Ty Herndon Comes Out as Gay
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died