Prop 8 Organizers Face $49K in Fines
BY Michelle Garcia
August 07 2012 11:10 AM ET
More than $1 million in contributions to the organizers behind 2008's ballot initiative to ban marriage equality in California were not properly reported to state authorities.
The California Fair Political Practice Commission ordered ProtectMarriage.com: Yes on 8 to pay $49,000 in fines after failing to report some of the contributions received for the campaign. ProtectMarriage.com did not report several donations over $5,000, and failed to properly dispose of an anonymous $10,000 contribution, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 1 min 33 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 27 min 21 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 32 min 24 sec ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 55 min 22 sec ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 57 min 37 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 1 hour 59 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 3 min ago