Prop 8 Organizers Face $49K in Fines
BY Michelle Garcia
August 07 2012 11:10 AM ET
More than $1 million in contributions to the organizers behind 2008's ballot initiative to ban marriage equality in California were not properly reported to state authorities.
The California Fair Political Practice Commission ordered ProtectMarriage.com: Yes on 8 to pay $49,000 in fines after failing to report some of the contributions received for the campaign. ProtectMarriage.com did not report several donations over $5,000, and failed to properly dispose of an anonymous $10,000 contribution, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Photogs Shut Down Wedding Business After Turning Away Gay Couple
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum