Prop 8 Organizers Face $49K in Fines
BY Michelle Garcia
August 07 2012 12:10 PM ET
More than $1 million in contributions to the organizers behind 2008's ballot initiative to ban marriage equality in California were not properly reported to state authorities.
The California Fair Political Practice Commission ordered ProtectMarriage.com: Yes on 8 to pay $49,000 in fines after failing to report some of the contributions received for the campaign. ProtectMarriage.com did not report several donations over $5,000, and failed to properly dispose of an anonymous $10,000 contribution, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Jamie Foxx Called Out for Crossing Line on Bruce Jenner Jokes
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview