Marriage for All Families Film Looks at Minnesota
BY Julie Bolcer
October 09 2012 10:22 AM ET
The series of four films about the states facing marriage equality votes next month looks at Minnesota in its second installmentn released Tuesday.
The short documentary, titled Marriage for All Families: Stories from Minnesota, profiles three same-sex couples with children who live in the state. Minnesotans will consider a constitutional amendment to ban marriage equality on Election Day.
In the five-minute film, Justine and Theresa, Michael and Jamil, and Marika and Regina talk about their everyday experiences and why they want to be able to marry.
“Nothing about our situation is any different from anybody else,” says Jamil Cole-Smith about his life with his partner, Michael.
The film was released by New Left Media and TheFour.com, the social media campaign dedicated to increasing engagement in the four states with marriage equality on the ballot. A film about Maine was released last week, and films about Maryland and Washington will be released on the next consecutive Tuesdays.
Watch the short film about Minnesota below.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM