WATCH: Lady Gaga Gets Out the Vote for Marriage Equality
BY Trudy Ring
November 02 2012 7:00 PM ET
Lady Gaga continues her record of advocacy for LGBT causes with a video urging support for marriage equality in the four states where marriage-related measures are on the ballot Tuesday, BuzzFeed reports.
In the video, released today as part of a social media campaign called The Four 2012, Gaga says, “I just wanted to remind those of you who live in Maine, Minnesota, Washington, or Maryland that you can actually vote for marriage equality on the ballot this year.”
In Maine, Maryland, and Washington, voters will decide whether to affirm marriage equality in their states, while in Minnesota, they will decide whether to put a ban on same-sex marriage into the state constitution.
“No one speaks more to young people than Lady Gaga,” said Brian Ellner, a cofounder of The Four. “And they support equality more than any other group. If we are going to win and make marriage equality history on Tuesday in all four states, we need young people to get out and vote in record numbers.”
Added fellow cofounder Ryan Davis: “We’re reaching millions of young voters in Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, and Washington over the next four days, focusing on getting out the vote, and Lady Gaga has just become a major amplifier of equality.”
Watch the video below.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 45 min 27 sec ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 1 hour 40 min ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 1 hour 56 min ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 2 hours 19 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 4:09 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 3:26 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM