WATCH: Lady Gaga Gets Out the Vote for Marriage Equality
BY Trudy Ring
November 02 2012 6:00 PM ET
Lady Gaga continues her record of advocacy for LGBT causes with a video urging support for marriage equality in the four states where marriage-related measures are on the ballot Tuesday, BuzzFeed reports.
In the video, released today as part of a social media campaign called The Four 2012, Gaga says, “I just wanted to remind those of you who live in Maine, Minnesota, Washington, or Maryland that you can actually vote for marriage equality on the ballot this year.”
In Maine, Maryland, and Washington, voters will decide whether to affirm marriage equality in their states, while in Minnesota, they will decide whether to put a ban on same-sex marriage into the state constitution.
“No one speaks more to young people than Lady Gaga,” said Brian Ellner, a cofounder of The Four. “And they support equality more than any other group. If we are going to win and make marriage equality history on Tuesday in all four states, we need young people to get out and vote in record numbers.”
Added fellow cofounder Ryan Davis: “We’re reaching millions of young voters in Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, and Washington over the next four days, focusing on getting out the vote, and Lady Gaga has just become a major amplifier of equality.”
Watch the video below.
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC Event March 06 2014 5:12 PM
- Media News Anchor on Russia's RT Network Quits Job on Air in Protest March 06 2014 4:34 PM