MLK Goddaughter Donzaleigh Abernathy Pleads for Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
November 06 2012 3:06 PM ET
Donzaleigh Abernathy, the daughter of civil rights activists Ralph and Juanita Jones Abernathy and goddaughter of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., filmed a video urging Marylanders to support marriage equality.
In the video, Abernathy tells voters in Maryland to support Question 6, which would legalize same-sex marriage in the state. She says the ideals of her parents and godfather align with the push for marriage equality. Watch the video below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving