MLK Goddaughter Donzaleigh Abernathy Pleads for Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
November 06 2012 3:06 PM ET
Donzaleigh Abernathy, the daughter of civil rights activists Ralph and Juanita Jones Abernathy and goddaughter of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., filmed a video urging Marylanders to support marriage equality.
In the video, Abernathy tells voters in Maryland to support Question 6, which would legalize same-sex marriage in the state. She says the ideals of her parents and godfather align with the push for marriage equality. Watch the video below.
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Op-ed: Jazz Jennings Is TV's Unsung Trans Heroine
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’