MLK Goddaughter Donzaleigh Abernathy Pleads for Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
November 06 2012 3:06 PM ET
Donzaleigh Abernathy, the daughter of civil rights activists Ralph and Juanita Jones Abernathy and goddaughter of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., filmed a video urging Marylanders to support marriage equality.
In the video, Abernathy tells voters in Maryland to support Question 6, which would legalize same-sex marriage in the state. She says the ideals of her parents and godfather align with the push for marriage equality. Watch the video below.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'