MLK Goddaughter Donzaleigh Abernathy Pleads for Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
November 06 2012 3:06 PM ET
Donzaleigh Abernathy, the daughter of civil rights activists Ralph and Juanita Jones Abernathy and goddaughter of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., filmed a video urging Marylanders to support marriage equality.
In the video, Abernathy tells voters in Maryland to support Question 6, which would legalize same-sex marriage in the state. She says the ideals of her parents and godfather align with the push for marriage equality. Watch the video below.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 32 min 22 sec ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM