MLK Goddaughter Donzaleigh Abernathy Pleads for Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
November 06 2012 3:06 PM ET
Donzaleigh Abernathy, the daughter of civil rights activists Ralph and Juanita Jones Abernathy and goddaughter of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., filmed a video urging Marylanders to support marriage equality.
In the video, Abernathy tells voters in Maryland to support Question 6, which would legalize same-sex marriage in the state. She says the ideals of her parents and godfather align with the push for marriage equality. Watch the video below.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune