Conservative George Will: Opposition to Marriage Equality 'Dying'
BY Neal Broverman
December 10 2012 4:20 PM ET
Speaking on ABC News's This Week, Pulitzer Prize-winning commentator and journalist George Will admitted that opposition to same-sex marriage is "literally dying" as those opposed to it are passing on.
A panel of people, including host George Stephanopoulos, were discussing the Supreme Court's decision to take up the constitutionality of California's marriage ban, as well as the Defense of Marriage Act. Will posited that the high court tries to be in line with public sentiment, and just 31 days before the justices decided to rule on marriage, three states endorsed same-sex marriage at the ballot. Watch Will's take on the issue below. Read more here.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- How to Date an HIV-Negative Guy