Conservative George Will: Opposition to Marriage Equality 'Dying'
BY Neal Broverman
December 10 2012 4:20 PM ET
Speaking on ABC News's This Week, Pulitzer Prize-winning commentator and journalist George Will admitted that opposition to same-sex marriage is "literally dying" as those opposed to it are passing on.
A panel of people, including host George Stephanopoulos, were discussing the Supreme Court's decision to take up the constitutionality of California's marriage ban, as well as the Defense of Marriage Act. Will posited that the high court tries to be in line with public sentiment, and just 31 days before the justices decided to rule on marriage, three states endorsed same-sex marriage at the ballot. Watch Will's take on the issue below. Read more here.
- Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time
- PHOTOS: Baltimore's First Pride With Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- No Marriage Rulings From Supremes Today
- Poland's Only Gay Parliamentarian Attacked After Pride
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM