Busted! French Antigay Website Created by NOM
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 14 2013 10:13 AM ET
As protests swelled in Paris this weekend, in response to President Francois Hollande's plan to legalize same-sex marriage, a new French website, Laissez-Nous Voter, which translates to Let Us Vote, showed up urging that France's citizens be allowed to vote on same-sex marriage rights, presumably because they believe they can block marriage equality from happening.
Good as You writer Jeremy Hooper, though, uncovered the folks behind the French opposition site: the National Organization for Marriage. The site was created by "none other than Texan Colton Brugger, the OPUSFidelis tech guy who does all of the National Organization For Marriage's web work."
Hooper added that NOM president Brian Brown is actually in France, presumably to help agitate local Catholics who were the largest number of participants in this weekend's protests. Back2Stonewall's Will Kohler dubbed the weekend "Colton Brugger, Brian Brown, and the National Organization for Marriage starring in Les Doucherables!"
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination December 07 2013 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer December 07 2013 4:00 AM