5 Inspiring Photos From the DOMA Hearing
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 11:06 AM ET
Plaintiff Edie Windsor, an 83-year-old lesbian who was ordered to pay federal inheritance tax of $363,000 following the death of her partner of more than 40 years in 2009, arrives at the Supreme Court arm in arm with lawyer Roberta Kaplan. It was a triumphant moment because there was some worry her health would prevent Windsor from attending.
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series