PHOTOS: Minnesota Parties Hearty
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2013 11:09 AM ET
On Tuesday, Minnesota became the 12th state to legalize same-sex marriage. After Gov. Mark Dayton signed the bill on the state capitol steps, the party in St. Paul started almost immediately, even though the law doesn't take effect until August.
Watch the video below and click through for some images from Minnesota.CBSLocal.com.
The jubilant crowd gathered on the capitol lawn to watch the signing ceremony.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job