WATCH: Rock Band Garbage Stops Concert for Same-Sex Marriage Proposal
BY Jase Peeples
April 03 2013 2:02 PM ET
Rock band Garbage interrupted a recent concert in Detroit to allow Scott Sauter the chance to propose to his boyfriend, Domenick Viviano, onstage.
In the below video, the band’s front woman, Shirley Manson, tells the crowed that the proposal plan came after she’d read a message on her Facebook page from Sauter explaining that he and his boyfriend had previously flown out for a Garbage benefit concert the band was having for a “very sick friend” named Wally.
Manson was impressed by the couple’s support and thanked them by inviting the two men to the show and giving them backstage passes, allowing Sauter the opportunity to surprise Viviano by getting down on bended knee and popping the question in front of the concert’s roaring crowd.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?