WATCH: Rock Band Garbage Stops Concert for Same-Sex Marriage Proposal
BY Jase Peeples
April 03 2013 1:02 PM ET
Rock band Garbage interrupted a recent concert in Detroit to allow Scott Sauter the chance to propose to his boyfriend, Domenick Viviano, onstage.
In the below video, the band’s front woman, Shirley Manson, tells the crowed that the proposal plan came after she’d read a message on her Facebook page from Sauter explaining that he and his boyfriend had previously flown out for a Garbage benefit concert the band was having for a “very sick friend” named Wally.
Manson was impressed by the couple’s support and thanked them by inviting the two men to the show and giving them backstage passes, allowing Sauter the opportunity to surprise Viviano by getting down on bended knee and popping the question in front of the concert’s roaring crowd.
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars 12 min 40 sec ago
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay 2 hours 35 min ago
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 6:33 PM
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 6:18 PM