WATCH: Rock Band Garbage Stops Concert for Same-Sex Marriage Proposal
BY Jase Peeples
April 03 2013 2:02 PM ET
Rock band Garbage interrupted a recent concert in Detroit to allow Scott Sauter the chance to propose to his boyfriend, Domenick Viviano, onstage.
In the below video, the band’s front woman, Shirley Manson, tells the crowed that the proposal plan came after she’d read a message on her Facebook page from Sauter explaining that he and his boyfriend had previously flown out for a Garbage benefit concert the band was having for a “very sick friend” named Wally.
Manson was impressed by the couple’s support and thanked them by inviting the two men to the show and giving them backstage passes, allowing Sauter the opportunity to surprise Viviano by getting down on bended knee and popping the question in front of the concert’s roaring crowd.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback