Wingnut Website Whips Up War Over Neil Patrick Harris
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 11:24 PM ET
A rightwing website is working to convince its readers that CBS is mocking Tim Tebow and Christianity by featuring out actor Neil Patrick Harris in its Super Bowl ads.
Calling Harris an "outspoken homosexual actor," WND.com points out that the CBS sitcom star was used in spots advertising next month's Super Bowl. In the ad, Harris has blackeye paint that lists the date of the football game. WND posits that the spot is mocking Christian football player Tim Tebow, who became notorious after placing Bible verses in his blackeye paint.
According to the WND "report," "One football fan who watched the CBS promo Sunday made the connection between Harris and Tebow, saying, 'They're pushing a gay agenda by using him, and they're mocking Christians at the same time.'"
WND includes a poll asking if CBS is mocking Tebow and/or Christianity. One of the poll's options include calling for a boycott of CBS; it's currently leading the poll.
Calling itself "America's Independent News Network," WND publishes a magazine called Whistleblower that declares on its cover that Barack Obama is "The First Muslim President." Read more here.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men