Michigan Politician: Being Gay Is a Choice
BY Neal Broverman
October 08 2012 5:56 PM ET
Michigan state representative Tom McMillin says that being gay is a choice for those "who have come out the lifestyle."
McMillin, a Republican who previously compared being gay to smoking cigarettes, was confronted as a recent town hall meeting by gay constituent Bruce Fealk. When Fealk asked whether he still believed being gay is a choice, McMillin responded by saying, "Well, I think that the thousands of people that have been in that lifestyle and come out would say that it was their choice when they were in and came out of the lifestyle."
McMillin represents the Rochester Hills area, north of Detroit. Watch the video below.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Nelson Mandela, Humanitarian and HIV Advocate, Dies at 95
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Morrissey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 1 hour 21 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 1 hour 21 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 1 hour 22 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM