Michigan Politician: Being Gay Is a Choice
BY Neal Broverman
October 08 2012 6:56 PM ET
Michigan state representative Tom McMillin says that being gay is a choice for those "who have come out the lifestyle."
McMillin, a Republican who previously compared being gay to smoking cigarettes, was confronted as a recent town hall meeting by gay constituent Bruce Fealk. When Fealk asked whether he still believed being gay is a choice, McMillin responded by saying, "Well, I think that the thousands of people that have been in that lifestyle and come out would say that it was their choice when they were in and came out of the lifestyle."
McMillin represents the Rochester Hills area, north of Detroit. Watch the video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags in Mass.