Michigan Politician: Being Gay Is a Choice
BY Neal Broverman
October 08 2012 6:56 PM ET
Michigan state representative Tom McMillin says that being gay is a choice for those "who have come out the lifestyle."
McMillin, a Republican who previously compared being gay to smoking cigarettes, was confronted as a recent town hall meeting by gay constituent Bruce Fealk. When Fealk asked whether he still believed being gay is a choice, McMillin responded by saying, "Well, I think that the thousands of people that have been in that lifestyle and come out would say that it was their choice when they were in and came out of the lifestyle."
McMillin represents the Rochester Hills area, north of Detroit. Watch the video below.
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 44 min 14 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 58 min 47 sec ago
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 1 hour 1 min ago
- Parenting How Every Parent Should Respond to Their Child Coming Out 1 hour 16 min ago
- Pride Will Lithuania Ban Pride Parades? 1 hour 17 min ago
- Women WATCH: Meet Orphan Black's New Clone! 1 hour 17 min ago
- Women Who the F Is ... Dolly Wilde 1 hour 40 min ago