Michigan Politician: Being Gay Is a Choice
BY Neal Broverman
October 08 2012 6:56 PM ET
Michigan state representative Tom McMillin says that being gay is a choice for those "who have come out the lifestyle."
McMillin, a Republican who previously compared being gay to smoking cigarettes, was confronted as a recent town hall meeting by gay constituent Bruce Fealk. When Fealk asked whether he still believed being gay is a choice, McMillin responded by saying, "Well, I think that the thousands of people that have been in that lifestyle and come out would say that it was their choice when they were in and came out of the lifestyle."
McMillin represents the Rochester Hills area, north of Detroit. Watch the video below.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis