PHOTOS: Caravan of Pride in The Dominican Republic
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 21 2014 5:30 AM ET
Easy does it, missy!
In the background, El Obelisco. Built in 1936 to commemorate the city’s rechristening as Cuidad Trujillo by the brutal and egotistical president of the county, Rafael Trujillo, El Obelisco is visible for much of El Malecon’s stretch. It is now adorned with Dominican flags and distinctly anti-Trujillo murals.
Poised and perched.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality