PHOTOS: Caravan of Pride in The Dominican Republic
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 21 2014 5:30 AM ET
Easy does it, missy!
In the background, El Obelisco. Built in 1936 to commemorate the city’s rechristening as Cuidad Trujillo by the brutal and egotistical president of the county, Rafael Trujillo, El Obelisco is visible for much of El Malecon’s stretch. It is now adorned with Dominican flags and distinctly anti-Trujillo murals.
Poised and perched.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- PHOTOS: The First Weddings in Arizona