PHOTOS: Caravan of Pride in The Dominican Republic
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 21 2014 4:30 AM ET
Easy does it, missy!
In the background, El Obelisco. Built in 1936 to commemorate the city’s rechristening as Cuidad Trujillo by the brutal and egotistical president of the county, Rafael Trujillo, El Obelisco is visible for much of El Malecon’s stretch. It is now adorned with Dominican flags and distinctly anti-Trujillo murals.
Poised and perched.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone