PHOTOS: Caravan of Pride in The Dominican Republic
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 21 2014 5:30 AM ET
Easy does it, missy!
In the background, El Obelisco. Built in 1936 to commemorate the city’s rechristening as Cuidad Trujillo by the brutal and egotistical president of the county, Rafael Trujillo, El Obelisco is visible for much of El Malecon’s stretch. It is now adorned with Dominican flags and distinctly anti-Trujillo murals.
Poised and perched.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 12 Quotes Proving Harvey Milk Still Gives Us Hope
- Op-ed: Pride Needs to Include More Than the Young and Cute