Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because there is a more perfect score
Even with more stringent criteria in the latest Corporate Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign, 190 corporations achieved perfect scores. The new rules require companies to offer comprehensive health care coverage for transgender employees and take into account corporate giving: no more donations to antigay political causes allowed. For the first time, the HRC found that gender identity is included in antidiscrimination policies by 50% of Fortune 500 companies. In 2002, the first year of the survey, only 13 businesses got a top score. Check out the full list here.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure