Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because there is a more perfect score
Even with more stringent criteria in the latest Corporate Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign, 190 corporations achieved perfect scores. The new rules require companies to offer comprehensive health care coverage for transgender employees and take into account corporate giving: no more donations to antigay political causes allowed. For the first time, the HRC found that gender identity is included in antidiscrimination policies by 50% of Fortune 500 companies. In 2002, the first year of the survey, only 13 businesses got a top score. Check out the full list here.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Six Stabbed at Jerusalem Pride March
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News