N.J. B&B Owner Tells Lesbian Mom AIDS Punishes Gays
BY Camille Beredjick
July 31 2012 2:15 PM ET
A lesbian mom in New Jersey is planning a protest against a bed and breakfast after its owners made slanderous claims about LGBT people on Facebook.
Joianne Fraschilla noticed a sign outside the Whitebriar Bed and Breakfast that read "Marriage One Man One Woman One God" and advertised "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day," Towleroad reports. She commented on the establishment's Facebook page to express her disappointment, writing, "This is somewhere my son loves to pass by and we have been excited to visit. Not anymore. I'm sad to see a local business anti LGBT marriage."
The owners responded with harsh words. Posting from the official Camp Whitebriar Facebook account, they wrote that "there were no gays or queers in our time" and that same-sex parents are "totally destroying the normal balance in a child's life." The owners told Fraschilla her son would end up being gay and "an outcast in society" because he lacked a father as a role model, and concluded the post suggesting "that's why God invented AIDS."
Fraschilla created a Change.org petition demanding the owners apologize for their statement. She said on Facebook she would be planning a protest against the establishment.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations