N.J. B&B Owner Tells Lesbian Mom AIDS Punishes Gays
BY Camille Beredjick
July 31 2012 2:15 PM ET
A lesbian mom in New Jersey is planning a protest against a bed and breakfast after its owners made slanderous claims about LGBT people on Facebook.
Joianne Fraschilla noticed a sign outside the Whitebriar Bed and Breakfast that read "Marriage One Man One Woman One God" and advertised "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day," Towleroad reports. She commented on the establishment's Facebook page to express her disappointment, writing, "This is somewhere my son loves to pass by and we have been excited to visit. Not anymore. I'm sad to see a local business anti LGBT marriage."
The owners responded with harsh words. Posting from the official Camp Whitebriar Facebook account, they wrote that "there were no gays or queers in our time" and that same-sex parents are "totally destroying the normal balance in a child's life." The owners told Fraschilla her son would end up being gay and "an outcast in society" because he lacked a father as a role model, and concluded the post suggesting "that's why God invented AIDS."
Fraschilla created a Change.org petition demanding the owners apologize for their statement. She said on Facebook she would be planning a protest against the establishment.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message