N.J. B&B Owner Tells Lesbian Mom AIDS Punishes Gays
BY Camille Beredjick
July 31 2012 2:15 PM ET
A lesbian mom in New Jersey is planning a protest against a bed and breakfast after its owners made slanderous claims about LGBT people on Facebook.
Joianne Fraschilla noticed a sign outside the Whitebriar Bed and Breakfast that read "Marriage One Man One Woman One God" and advertised "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day," Towleroad reports. She commented on the establishment's Facebook page to express her disappointment, writing, "This is somewhere my son loves to pass by and we have been excited to visit. Not anymore. I'm sad to see a local business anti LGBT marriage."
The owners responded with harsh words. Posting from the official Camp Whitebriar Facebook account, they wrote that "there were no gays or queers in our time" and that same-sex parents are "totally destroying the normal balance in a child's life." The owners told Fraschilla her son would end up being gay and "an outcast in society" because he lacked a father as a role model, and concluded the post suggesting "that's why God invented AIDS."
Fraschilla created a Change.org petition demanding the owners apologize for their statement. She said on Facebook she would be planning a protest against the establishment.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Hot Sheet: Too Much Is Never Enough
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM