New Global Map Will Track Coming-Out Stories
BY Neal Broverman
October 08 2012 11:09 PM ET
A young nonprofit called Equalize Youth is encouraging all adults who've gone through the harrowing coming-out process to share their tale on a new support network called Out Your Story.
Set to launch on Thursday's National Coming Out Day, the effort will enable people to share their stories and embed multi-media content to a map-like resource.
"Additional to sharing basic identity-related criteria like sexual orientation and gender identity, by using Google Maps, contributors will tie their entries to actual places: towns, states, high schools, summer camps," according to a press release from Equalize Youth. "This enables visitors to search by typing a zip code to find a map filled with love and support from people that have been in their shoes."
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- N.J. School Reverses Position, Will Let Trans Teen Attend As Girl She Is
- Michfest Has a Few Demands Of Its Own
- Writers Lena Waithe & Justin Simien Show Hollywood It’s More Than Just Black & White