New Global Map Will Track Coming-Out Stories
BY Neal Broverman
October 08 2012 11:09 PM ET
A young nonprofit called Equalize Youth is encouraging all adults who've gone through the harrowing coming-out process to share their tale on a new support network called Out Your Story.
Set to launch on Thursday's National Coming Out Day, the effort will enable people to share their stories and embed multi-media content to a map-like resource.
"Additional to sharing basic identity-related criteria like sexual orientation and gender identity, by using Google Maps, contributors will tie their entries to actual places: towns, states, high schools, summer camps," according to a press release from Equalize Youth. "This enables visitors to search by typing a zip code to find a map filled with love and support from people that have been in their shoes."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Louisiana Judge Strikes Down State's Marriage Ban
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Fergie: Labels and Love