New Global Map Will Track Coming-Out Stories
BY Neal Broverman
October 08 2012 11:09 PM ET
A young nonprofit called Equalize Youth is encouraging all adults who've gone through the harrowing coming-out process to share their tale on a new support network called Out Your Story.
Set to launch on Thursday's National Coming Out Day, the effort will enable people to share their stories and embed multi-media content to a map-like resource.
"Additional to sharing basic identity-related criteria like sexual orientation and gender identity, by using Google Maps, contributors will tie their entries to actual places: towns, states, high schools, summer camps," according to a press release from Equalize Youth. "This enables visitors to search by typing a zip code to find a map filled with love and support from people that have been in their shoes."
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride