New Global Map Will Track Coming-Out Stories
BY Neal Broverman
October 08 2012 10:09 PM ET
A young nonprofit called Equalize Youth is encouraging all adults who've gone through the harrowing coming-out process to share their tale on a new support network called Out Your Story.
Set to launch on Thursday's National Coming Out Day, the effort will enable people to share their stories and embed multi-media content to a map-like resource.
"Additional to sharing basic identity-related criteria like sexual orientation and gender identity, by using Google Maps, contributors will tie their entries to actual places: towns, states, high schools, summer camps," according to a press release from Equalize Youth. "This enables visitors to search by typing a zip code to find a map filled with love and support from people that have been in their shoes."
- Women WATCH: Ellen Will Tell You if She and Portia Are Getting Divorced! 13 min ago
- World News Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance' 24 min 18 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Whet Your Appetite for Gay Polo's Biggest Event 25 min 43 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel Coast Guard Academy Sees First Same-Sex Engagement Announcement 29 min 32 sec ago
- Television Behind The Candelabra Leads Golden Globes' TV Awards With 4 Noms 1 hour 13 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 11:17 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM