Notes From Outgames: The Runner
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 26 2009 11:00 PM ET
What goes through your mind when you just don't feel it?Most marathon runners hit the wall at about mile 19, and the last six or seven miles are a grind.
Do you think about your postrace meal during the run?Yes, and I usually have pasta [after the race], but I'll have anything, including a regular Coke, which is something I don't normally drink, but I'll have it for the sugar.
What do you think of runners who wear goofy outfits during a marathon? That's fine for them.
How important was the Outgames for you?It was important for me personally because I hadn't run [a marathon] for two years and I was wondering if I would ever run another marathon, and now I have. In terms of the event, it seemed to be very important for a lot of people, so it was nice to be a part of that.
- Check back tomorrow for a chat with Dave Steeves, who is at Outgames competing in volleyball and softball.
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4 min 50 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 52 min 30 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 1 hour 22 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 1 hour 27 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2 hours 8 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 51 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 51 min ago