Notes From Outgames: The Runner
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 27 2009 12:00 AM ET
What goes through your mind when you just don't feel it?Most marathon runners hit the wall at about mile 19, and the last six or seven miles are a grind.
Do you think about your postrace meal during the run?Yes, and I usually have pasta [after the race], but I'll have anything, including a regular Coke, which is something I don't normally drink, but I'll have it for the sugar.
What do you think of runners who wear goofy outfits during a marathon? That's fine for them.
How important was the Outgames for you?It was important for me personally because I hadn't run [a marathon] for two years and I was wondering if I would ever run another marathon, and now I have. In terms of the event, it seemed to be very important for a lot of people, so it was nice to be a part of that.
- Check back tomorrow for a chat with Dave Steeves, who is at Outgames competing in volleyball and softball.
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 52 min 32 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 57 min 52 sec ago
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 1 hour 20 min ago
- Commentary What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 2 hours 5 min ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM