Notes From Outgames: The Runner
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 27 2009 12:00 AM ET
What goes through your mind when you just don't feel it?Most marathon runners hit the wall at about mile 19, and the last six or seven miles are a grind.
Do you think about your postrace meal during the run?Yes, and I usually have pasta [after the race], but I'll have anything, including a regular Coke, which is something I don't normally drink, but I'll have it for the sugar.
What do you think of runners who wear goofy outfits during a marathon? That's fine for them.
How important was the Outgames for you?It was important for me personally because I hadn't run [a marathon] for two years and I was wondering if I would ever run another marathon, and now I have. In terms of the event, it seemed to be very important for a lot of people, so it was nice to be a part of that.
- Check back tomorrow for a chat with Dave Steeves, who is at Outgames competing in volleyball and softball.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'