Notes From Outgames: The Runner
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 26 2009 11:00 PM ET
What goes through your mind when you just don't feel it?Most marathon runners hit the wall at about mile 19, and the last six or seven miles are a grind.
Do you think about your postrace meal during the run?Yes, and I usually have pasta [after the race], but I'll have anything, including a regular Coke, which is something I don't normally drink, but I'll have it for the sugar.
What do you think of runners who wear goofy outfits during a marathon? That's fine for them.
How important was the Outgames for you?It was important for me personally because I hadn't run [a marathon] for two years and I was wondering if I would ever run another marathon, and now I have. In terms of the event, it seemed to be very important for a lot of people, so it was nice to be a part of that.
- Check back tomorrow for a chat with Dave Steeves, who is at Outgames competing in volleyball and softball.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation
- The Financial Effects of DOMA: Newlywed Financial Decisions
- Women WATCH: Behold! Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Are Back in First Golden Globes Promo 5 min 49 sec ago
- Latest News India Reinstates Gay Sex Ban 59 min 36 sec ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 1 hour 2 min ago
- Media Edie Windsor is No. 3 on Time's Person of Year Shortlist 2 hours 23 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 6:00 AM