Notes From Outgames: The Runner
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 27 2009 12:00 AM ET
What goes through your mind when you just don't feel it?Most marathon runners hit the wall at about mile 19, and the last six or seven miles are a grind.
Do you think about your postrace meal during the run?Yes, and I usually have pasta [after the race], but I'll have anything, including a regular Coke, which is something I don't normally drink, but I'll have it for the sugar.
What do you think of runners who wear goofy outfits during a marathon? That's fine for them.
How important was the Outgames for you?It was important for me personally because I hadn't run [a marathon] for two years and I was wondering if I would ever run another marathon, and now I have. In terms of the event, it seemed to be very important for a lot of people, so it was nice to be a part of that.
- Check back tomorrow for a chat with Dave Steeves, who is at Outgames competing in volleyball and softball.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- GLAAD Condemns Slate's Emily Yoffe's Advice
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About