The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Lori Lindsey, number 16, celebrates a goal during this year's Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
Shortly after Rapinoe, Olympic teammate Lindsey came out during an interview with Autostraddle. Her mother is a lesbian who has been with her partner for more than 25 years. “A lot of people would push me and say, ‘Lori, you should contact people, you should come out. It's important. Every LGBTQ person should be out and proud. That is so important for our community,’” Lindsey said. “And I agree wholeheartedly with that.”
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'