The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Lori Lindsey, number 16, celebrates a goal during this year's Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
Shortly after Rapinoe, Olympic teammate Lindsey came out during an interview with Autostraddle. Her mother is a lesbian who has been with her partner for more than 25 years. “A lot of people would push me and say, ‘Lori, you should contact people, you should come out. It's important. Every LGBTQ person should be out and proud. That is so important for our community,’” Lindsey said. “And I agree wholeheartedly with that.”
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend