Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
6. Vancouver, Wash.
One gets the sense that a lot of those groovy gay and lesbian Portlanders are mellowing out and coming here to settle down. Friendly, low-key, neighborhoody Vancouver is right across the Columbia River from Portland, Ore., and has bars such as the Northbank (106 W. Sixth St.) with affordable happy hours and uncrowded pool tables. The city of around 165,000 has six gay-friendly churches, and its Skyview High School has a student-led gay-straight alliance.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- Modern-Day Martin Luthers Show Support for Ousted Gay Methodist Minister
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen