Come Sail Away
BY Advocate Contributors
February 09 2011 5:00 AM ET
Pack the silver for a sterling celebration as this year RSVP Vacations marks its 25th anniversary of guiding gay and lesbian travelers to exotic getaways. “Our community has seen tremendous change over the last 25 years, and we are excited to have been a part of that history,” says RSVP president Jeff Gundvaldson. “Today, when people in the gay community can travel almost anywhere in the world, [we’re] proud of the fact that thousands still choose to vacation with us.”
Since the company pioneered the all-gay cruise concept by hosting its first in 1986, more than 80,000 men and women have participated in a broad range of big- and small-ship cruises, riverboat cruises, land tours, and resort vacations. Sea lovers can help usher in the quarter-century milestone with a journey through scenic Caribbean ports in February and a deluxe Mediterranean cruise in July.
Commemorating 20 years is Atlantis Events (parent company of RSVP), which will host three cruises and two all-gay weeklong resort getaways this year. Seasoned and novice travelers alike can leave their baggage behind, as Atlantis is noted for its spectacular and all-welcoming party atmosphere. RSVPVacations.com; AtlantisEvents.com
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women