Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Weekend getaways don't necessarily need to involve plane trips or multiple tanks of gas. For Los Angelenos looking for a quick escape, Pasadena offers an oasis above the smog, terrific shopping and dining, beautiful craftsman and old Spanish-style architecture, and nature galore just a quick drive or light-rail trip away. The Huntington Library and Gardens boasts some of the most lush landscaping in L.A. and is home to an extensive Isherwood collection. For those who like a good bargain, the Rose Bowl Flea Market is world-renowned. And for those looking for a gay bar, Pasadena has that too. The Boulevard is a staple among locals and offers a truly stellar karaoke night.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument