Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Weekend getaways don't necessarily need to involve plane trips or multiple tanks of gas. For Los Angelenos looking for a quick escape, Pasadena offers an oasis above the smog, terrific shopping and dining, beautiful craftsman and old Spanish-style architecture, and nature galore just a quick drive or light-rail trip away. The Huntington Library and Gardens boasts some of the most lush landscaping in L.A. and is home to an extensive Isherwood collection. For those who like a good bargain, the Rose Bowl Flea Market is world-renowned. And for those looking for a gay bar, Pasadena has that too. The Boulevard is a staple among locals and offers a truly stellar karaoke night.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color