Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Weekend getaways don't necessarily need to involve plane trips or multiple tanks of gas. For Los Angelenos looking for a quick escape, Pasadena offers an oasis above the smog, terrific shopping and dining, beautiful craftsman and old Spanish-style architecture, and nature galore just a quick drive or light-rail trip away. The Huntington Library and Gardens boasts some of the most lush landscaping in L.A. and is home to an extensive Isherwood collection. For those who like a good bargain, the Rose Bowl Flea Market is world-renowned. And for those looking for a gay bar, Pasadena has that too. The Boulevard is a staple among locals and offers a truly stellar karaoke night.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- WATCH: Carmen Carrera and Geena Rocero Want You to Be 'Gender Proud'