LGBT Families and Their Kids to Ring New York Stock Exchange Closing Bell Tonight
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 09 2012 12:17 PM ET
The Family Equality Council will celebrate more than just the 30th anniversary of the organization tonight: Jennifer Chrisler, executive director, will ring the New York Stock Exchange closing bell accompanied by dozens of children and their LGBT parents. Family Equality Council supports, represents, and connects the 1 million moms and dads in America who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender as well as the 2 million children they are raising. This is its first visit to the NYSE. Viewers can watch the historic moment on CNBC, FBN, or Bloomberg TV at 4 p.m. Eastern or tweet in support to #lgbtnyse.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015