LGBT Families and Their Kids to Ring New York Stock Exchange Closing Bell Tonight
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 09 2012 12:17 PM ET
The Family Equality Council will celebrate more than just the 30th anniversary of the organization tonight: Jennifer Chrisler, executive director, will ring the New York Stock Exchange closing bell accompanied by dozens of children and their LGBT parents. Family Equality Council supports, represents, and connects the 1 million moms and dads in America who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender as well as the 2 million children they are raising. This is its first visit to the NYSE. Viewers can watch the historic moment on CNBC, FBN, or Bloomberg TV at 4 p.m. Eastern or tweet in support to #lgbtnyse.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'