All Rights reserved
Organizers of the Twin Cities pride festival said they might move future events from a Minneapolis park if they are forced to accommodate antigay messages, as they were this past weekend after a federal judge ruled in favor of allowing a Wisconsin antigay activist to distribute Bibles at the festival.
According to Minnesota Public Radio, "Organizer John Kelley said Twin Cities Pride will continue its legal fight to bar people with similar messages from the festival, even though the effort failed its first round in court last week."
The controversy centers on antigay activist Brian Johnson (pictured), who was arrested at the festival in Loring Park in downtown Minneapolis last year. He appeared at the festival on Saturday without incident.
According to WCCO, "This year, festival organizers tried to get a temporary restraining order against him. Friday, a judge ruled Johnson had a First Amendment right to be there."
If the festival were to move from Loring Park to keep Johnson out next year, it may need to take place on private property, according to Minnesota Public Radio.