PHOTOS: The Costumes of New York Comic Con
BY Jase Peeples
October 14 2013 5:00 AM ET
Lovers of pop culture from around the globe descended on the Javits Convention Center in New York City over the weekend for the annual geektastic celebration known as New York Comic Con.
The convention is the second largest of its kind in the U.S. and the biggest to be found each year on the East Coast. Throughout the four-day-event cosplayers could be found throughout the halls, rocking a creative kaleidoscope of costumes — ranging from the hottest heroes and sci-fi favorites to gender-bending mutants and one-of-a-kind characters.
On the followng pages, take a look at a few of our favorite costumed fans who celebrated the Big Apple’s 2013 event in style.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights