Celebrate Bent-Con With 7 Great LGBTQ Graphic Novels
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
November 09 2013 8:04 AM ET
Bread and Wine, Samuel R. Delany (Fantagraphics)
An updated re-release of award-winning gay author Samuel R. Delany’s autobiographical graphic novel, Bread and Wine is a cross-cultural, cross-racial, cross-class love story about his unlikely relationship with a homeless man. The new version includes Delany and his long-term partner Dennis reminiscing about their meeting and how artist Mia Wolff captured their story in her drawings. Part of the fun is the men’s frank and explicit descriptions of their physical connections.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'