Celebrate Bent-Con With 7 Great LGBTQ Graphic Novels
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
November 09 2013 8:04 AM ET
Bread and Wine, Samuel R. Delany (Fantagraphics)
An updated re-release of award-winning gay author Samuel R. Delany’s autobiographical graphic novel, Bread and Wine is a cross-cultural, cross-racial, cross-class love story about his unlikely relationship with a homeless man. The new version includes Delany and his long-term partner Dennis reminiscing about their meeting and how artist Mia Wolff captured their story in her drawings. Part of the fun is the men’s frank and explicit descriptions of their physical connections.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- Miley Cyrus Launches Anti-Homelessness, Pro-LGBT ‘Happy Hippie Foundation’
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam