Celebrate Bent-Con With 7 Great LGBTQ Graphic Novels
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
November 09 2013 8:04 AM ET
Bread and Wine, Samuel R. Delany (Fantagraphics)
An updated re-release of award-winning gay author Samuel R. Delany’s autobiographical graphic novel, Bread and Wine is a cross-cultural, cross-racial, cross-class love story about his unlikely relationship with a homeless man. The new version includes Delany and his long-term partner Dennis reminiscing about their meeting and how artist Mia Wolff captured their story in her drawings. Part of the fun is the men’s frank and explicit descriptions of their physical connections.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'