Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
BY Christopher Harrity
June 08 2013 4:00 AM ET
The Advocate: You have so many models, how have you found them, are they your friends? Did you advertise?
Jamil Hellu: The great majority of them are my friends. The project started with two of my closest friends and it kept on growing. I put a call on Facebook a couple of times inviting anyone to participate. I posted few examples of the work and people started to respond with positive feedback. I have been photographing more people lately and the project continues to expand. The project is open to anyone who wants to be part of it, no discrimination whatsoever. And the more creative people get with their ideas, the more interesting it is.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Fla. Man Fired for Saying He'll Wed His Dog Because of Same-Sex Marriage
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015