Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
BY Christopher Harrity
June 08 2013 3:00 AM ET
The Advocate: You have so many models, how have you found them, are they your friends? Did you advertise?
Jamil Hellu: The great majority of them are my friends. The project started with two of my closest friends and it kept on growing. I put a call on Facebook a couple of times inviting anyone to participate. I posted few examples of the work and people started to respond with positive feedback. I have been photographing more people lately and the project continues to expand. The project is open to anyone who wants to be part of it, no discrimination whatsoever. And the more creative people get with their ideas, the more interesting it is.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Vladimir Putin
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers