Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
BY Christopher Harrity
June 08 2013 4:00 AM ET
The Advocate: You have so many models, how have you found them, are they your friends? Did you advertise?
Jamil Hellu: The great majority of them are my friends. The project started with two of my closest friends and it kept on growing. I put a call on Facebook a couple of times inviting anyone to participate. I posted few examples of the work and people started to respond with positive feedback. I have been photographing more people lately and the project continues to expand. The project is open to anyone who wants to be part of it, no discrimination whatsoever. And the more creative people get with their ideas, the more interesting it is.
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Marriage Equality Only Happened Because Grassroots Refused to Wait
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- Drag Race Star Miss Fame Releases 'Rubber Doll' Music Video