Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
BY Christopher Harrity
June 08 2013 3:00 AM ET
The Advocate: You have so many models, how have you found them, are they your friends? Did you advertise?
Jamil Hellu: The great majority of them are my friends. The project started with two of my closest friends and it kept on growing. I put a call on Facebook a couple of times inviting anyone to participate. I posted few examples of the work and people started to respond with positive feedback. I have been photographing more people lately and the project continues to expand. The project is open to anyone who wants to be part of it, no discrimination whatsoever. And the more creative people get with their ideas, the more interesting it is.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM